Southside worked closely with Pace Development and Hall Architects, Inc. to establish project criteria, conceptual estimates and design/construction schedules for this negotiated project.
Discovered by naturalist John Lawson in 1701, the distinctive community of Lawson is located within the historic town of Waxhaw, North Carolina. Situated in the heart of this community and surrounded by quaint parks and scenic nature trails is “The Mill House”, a 2-story 6,817 square foot clubhouse with an authentic waterwheel and accompanying stream flow into a swimming pool complex, which includes a junior Olympic-size pool, water slide, and Kid fun zone. A large outdoor wood deck leads down to the pool level.
A playground, year-round fitness club, tennis courts, covered outdoor gathering areas, and a magnificent nature center with an Amphitheatre complete this state-of-the-art facility with both its historic theme & modern day amenities. The interior of “The Mill House at Lawson” will include a large gathering area with a stone fireplace, kitchen, community office, storage, and restrooms.