The catholic parish of Our Lady of the Americas, a nearly 90% Latino populated parish was busting at the seams. Their existing church was an old Baptist Mission church which sat a mere 150 people. With Saturday and Sunday services reaching attendance of 1000 per week, the church simply needed more space.
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Charlotte and the local Priest and parish representatives found solace and confidence in Southside’s Ministry Division to build their new Sanctuary and Fellowship Hall. The 22,905 square foot building, designed by Miller Architecture, seats 750 in the sanctuary and allows for gatherings of up to 250 people with full kitchen capabilities. The remaining space will be used for education, offices and community outreach programs. The property will accommodate many outdoor activities as well as future growth.
SCI used a Design-Build approach to best manage the budget and time schedule. With an aggressive 10 month schedule for design and construction a preengineered building by Butler Manufacturing was selected for the structure and roof system.